In this fireside chat, Chris Romeo, CEO of Kerr Ventures, and the founder of Security Journey, and Dean Agron, Oxeye’s CEO, talked about the challenges of truly ‘shifting left’, how the movement has evolved, and what we need to consider to make shift left really work in an era of rapid software development and growing developer responsibilities.
Some of the topics they covered:
• History of the ‘Shift Left’ phrase in AppSec
• Has shifting left in AppSec been successful?
• What has changed in the software development landscape since 2001, when 'Shift Left' was first coined?
• Are the changes in software and software development methodologies forcing us to rethink how we approach shift left today?
• What are the core tenets of a modern shift left approach?